Marking and Feedback
Our marking and feedback policy is fundamentally linked to our vision as a school and our commitment to ensuring that all children are equipped with the right type of learning behaviours, i.e. effort, focus, independence, perseverance and resilience. These behaviours ensure that learning is secured and extended in equal measure.
Click here to read our Marking and Feedback policy.
We believe that marking and feedback should always aim:
- To promote the child’s self-esteem, interest and respect for his/her work
- To provide clear strategies on how they can improve their work and progress
- For both teacher and child to evaluate the child’s progress in order to move learning on
- To assess overall progress and to enable us to plan for future teaching
- To assess the effectiveness of our teaching
Through our marking and feedback, we aim to further empower our children on their learning journey and inform our view of children’s progress.