The Mini Vinnies are quite literally mini St. Vincent de Paul’s.
St. Vincent de Paul was a French Catholic Priest who dedicated himself to serving the poor. He was renowned for his compassion, humility, and generosity.
The Mini Vinnies at St Francis are a group of Year 5 children. Together with other Mini Vinnies across the country, they form a part of the St. Vincent de Paul Society England and Wales, a voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty in all its forms.
The Mini Vinnies meet to pray, discuss and support others in a variety of ways, to help make a difference in our local community.
If you want to find out more about Mini Vinnies then follow the link below:
The Mini Vinnie Pledge
As a member of Mini Vinnies, I promise to make a difference in my world by:
• Caring for, respecting and loving myself;
• Strengthening my friendship with Jesus by praying each day and talking to others about him;
• Caring for others in my school and community by being a friend to those who are alone, in need or in trouble;
• Contributing to the happiness of my family through my help, respect, consideration, joy and kindness;
• Caring for, appreciating and enjoying God’s creation: the environment;
• Treating others the way I would like them to treat me.
Our Mini Vinnies
The Mini Vinnies have done a super job collecting all the harvest boxes in preparation for our harvest assembly on Thursday. Everyone has been so generous with their donations, thank you very much!! St George's Crypt will be very pleased with our offerings.
MacMillan Coffee Morning - Friday 24th September
Well done to our super Mini Vinnies who helped to organise and run our very successful bun and biscuit sale, in support of the MacMillan nurses. We raised £244 for this fantastic charity. Well done everyone!
The Mini Vinnies have been collecting food items for the local residential home in Gildersome. They have made a food hamper full of delicious treats for the residents- we hope they all enjoy their treat and have a lovely Christmas.