Your new design will be uploaded in:
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.
Personal, Social and Health Education
At St Francis Catholic Primary School we aim to promote healthy, independent and responsible members of society. We encourage all our pupils to play a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community through class & school councils, fundraising events, supporting nominated charities and involvement in community activities. PSHE is embedded throughout daily life at St Francis.
PSHE helps to give pupils the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead a confident, healthy independent life and become informed, active, responsible citizens.
This will be achieved through:
- The whole curriculum.
- Pastoral Care and Support within school.
- Religious Education, following ‘The Way, The Truth and The Life’ scheme.
- DfES ‘Social & Emotional Aspects of Learning’ (SEAL) programme.
- The Leeds PSHE scheme of work.
- Educational visits from specialists for example, D-Side and ChildLine.
- Circle time sessions based on ‘Statements to Live By’ developed by the Leeds Diocese.
- Specific guidance from health specialists and others, including Healthy Schools Aims.
PSHE Long Term Plan
SRE Long Term Plan
Drug Education Long Term Plan
EWMH Long Term Plan